Vitamin A Explained
Why vitamin A scores an 'A' Grade
Dr Des Fernandes, founder and scientific director of Environ, says: "Ageing skin is a direct result of sun-induced vitamin A deficiency. Correct the deficiency and you’ll have more radiant skin."
Everything that defines healthy, beautiful skin is a direct result of vitamin A. It is the only known molecule that keeps the skin healthy and helps to provide anti-ageing benefits.
A vitamin A deficiency could lead to skin abnormalities such as pigmentation irregularities, sun damage, ageing, and skin cancer. The most common skin care problem in both men and women is sun-damage, and the long-term effects of sun exposure are sinister. In order for us to combat this sun-induced vitamin-A deficiency, we must replenish vitamin A in our cells every day and for this process to be effective, we need to restore our vitamin A receptors within the skin.
Dr Des knew that vitamin A was essential for life which is why it is the cornerstone ingredient in the Environ skin care philosophy. It must be replaced daily for skin to appear healthier and more resilient and resulted in the creation of the world’s first Vitamin STEP-UP SYSTEM™.
Vitamin A is the only known element that keeps skin healthy and combats ageing. It has been proven that sufficient vitamin A:
- Promotes skin’s natural moisturising factor and gives it a radiant glow
- Strengthens skin’s outer layer to keep it firm
- Stimulates the production of natural protein to keep skin looking healthy
- Supports skin’s immune system and helps prevent breakouts
- Assists in reducing the development of potential skin cancers, giving you greater peace of mind