What does vitamin A do for your skin?
Vitamin A is a phenomenal molecule that is known to deliver a number of incredible benefits to skin when it is at the right levels.
Achieving the right levels however is always the tricky part because based on our modern lifestyles and our exposure to sunlight and other environmental factors, our vitamin A levels are reduced daily, and this reduction in vitamin A levels is the root cause of unhealthy looking skin.
The only way to counter this vitamin A deficiency is through the skin beneficial nutrition offered by vitamin A skincare products. Vitamin A is widely considered one of the most important ingredients in skincare because it is the only molecule that can actually assist in reprogramming cells, resulting in healthier looking and more radiantly beautiful skin.
How does vitamin A skincare benefit skin?
Let’s take a look at the science behind the beauty and better understand the many positives that vitamin A brings to skin.
Some of the key benefits of this skin beneficial molecule include:
- Vitamin A’s ability to normalise how cells function. This means it is able to influence cells to behave in a younger, healthier way, leaving skin looking youthful and more radiant.
- It helps to improve problematic skin conditions such as acne by helping to normalise oil production, leaving skin less oily and more balanced.
- Vitamin A helps to normalise the appearance of pigmentation. It does so by normalising the activity of tyrosinase, an enzyme that plays a vital role in the production of melanin.
- It assists in the promotion of healthy collagen and elastin formation by stimulating fibroblasts (cells that produce collagen in the dermis), leaving skin looking firmer and more youthfully radiant.
- Vitamin A helps to speed up healing, prevent breakouts and support the skin’s immune system and it promotes natural moisturising - which means it helps to hydrate the skin effectively, giving it a radiant glow.
- It assists in promoting and maintaining a healthy dermis and epidermis; the top two layers of your skin
Vitamin A and Environ Skin care
When it comes to vitamin A skin care products, no skin care brand understands the importance and benefits of vitamin A better than Environ Skin Care. Dr Des Fernandes, Environ Skin Care Founder & Scientific Director, thoroughly researched vitamin A and harnessed its power to create Environ Skin Care products 25 years ago.
Environ’s products were primarily designed to correct the chronic deficiency of vitamin A that everyone suffers from in the exposed areas of their skin. The simple truth is that vitamin A needs to be replaced every day for skin to be appear healthier and more resilient. But when combined with other essential nutrients (like antioxidants and peptides) known as Environ’s A+ Complex, that’s when you can begin to see and feel a healthier looking and more beautiful skin.
Using the beautiful science of this vitamin A+ complex, and understanding that vitamin A needed to be slowly reintroduced to skin to avoid retinoid reactions, Dr Des Fernandes created the worlds first Vitamin STEP-UP SYSTEM™. This system was designed to help skin become gradually more comfortable with increased levels of vitamin A and other ingredients that keep skin looking healthy and beautiful.